Friday, August 31, 2012

What Really Matters

Day 7
Quote: "I figure if I have my health, can pay the rent, and I have my friends, I call it 'content'." - Lauren Bacall

Content. I have actually used this word recently to describe how I feel. Just the other day we had to fill out professional development plans at work. One of the questions asked about our future plans. What do I want to do in the future? I talked with my supervisor and decided that where I am right now and what I'm doing...makes me content.

I am happy where I am and happy with what I'm doing. I'm living on my own, in my own apartment and am able to support myself. Although it's been pretty stressful lately, I have always been able to pay the bills. Yes, I have gotten some help from my family, but I try not to ask. I know they are there if I need them, which is a nice feeling.

So for the time being, I am content with where I am in my life. If it's not broken, why fix it? When the time comes, I'm sure I will take the next leap. But until then, I'm going to enjoy single life and living on my own. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment