Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Time is Now

Day 4
Quote: "Death twitches my ear. "Live," he says. "I am coming"."

I am not one to always go, go, go. I don't like to be rushed from one thing to another. I like time to sit and relax and think. Do things for myself. This mentality has problem hindered in expanding my social life, but I am OK with that (at least for right now).

But there are some things that I just WON'T pass up. Attending a Husker football game, for instance. I try to go to one every year to enjoy the atmosphere of tailgating and the roar for the sea of red. As a born and raised Nebraskan, being a Husker fan is in my blood. Today, with the help of a VERY awesome cousin, I found two tickets to the opening game on Saturday. I am going to be taking a friend who has never been to a Husker game (can you believe that?). He will get to see the balloon touchdown tradition one last time before it is banned due to the helium shortage. It is going to be AWESOME! And as much as I am not looking forward to getting up and leaving quite early Saturday morning to get down to Lincoln in time to do an ample amount of tailgating, I need to remember that the time is now.

Now is the time to take chances and to be adventurous. We don't know when our last day on Earth will be or when the Good Lord will call us home, so let's make the most of it. GO HUSKERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment